Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Follow me on...

Follow me on...
FacebookTwitterInstagram

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Movie Review: Antarctica A Year on the Ice

     I watched a really spectacular movie yesterday evening. Antarctica: A Year on the Ice was filmed and directed by Anthony Powell during the course of one year at McMurdo Station on Ross Island. I can't even begin to describe the video, pictures, events and breathtaking scenery. I have always had a strange fascination with Antarctica, and after watching this movie, I have come to realize I am not alone. You can watch the trailer below.

     From hurricane-like storms, to massive ice sheets; from seals and penguins to the Southern Lights and star like you have never seen before. Antarctica is a global treasure, barely touched and unspoiled. Except, its delicate and immense beauty is threatened by our way of life. Rising sea temperatures, melting ice... you know what's happening around the world today. Its having an effect on the Southern Continent.

     The film is available on iTunes, Amazon and just about anywhere you can do an online search. There are free versions out there is you don't want to pay .99 cents to rent it.


No comments:

Post a Comment