Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Follow me on...

Follow me on...
FacebookTwitterInstagram

Monday, April 6, 2015

Climate Hiccups

     Today I planned to finish my blog about Orkan Niklas, the big word storm that swept through Germany last week, downing trees, damaging property and wreaking havoc. That was the plan. But, i had to finish my taxes today. It snowed while I was doing that. Then it rained. Then it snowed again. Then the Sun came out. Then it snowed again. Repeat.

     There is a saying here in Germany: "April macht was er will" which roughly translates to "April will do whatever the hell it wants." Today was the perfect example of that. The clouds are moving in from the North now, but before it was from the East. In between it was from the West. Its hard to keep up! The Sunset was pretty spectacular for a minute. But then the clouds rolled in. And its snowing again.

     The house is supposed to get walls and roof tomorrow. No more, April! Do what you want when the roof is on. But please...be nice until Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment