Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Follow me on...

Follow me on...
FacebookTwitterInstagram

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Clueless



























"These are scientists that cannot be challenged..." 

- Senator James Inhofe (R-OK), referring to a group of scientists he claims do not believe Climate Change is happening, or being caused by humans.

     That statement reveals that Senator Inhofe, and the scientists he refers to, do not understand the scientific method. All findings should be challenged. Every time. Challenging someone's findings will help determine if they were correct, partially correct, incorrect or full of shit with what they claim. Without challenging scientific ideas and theories, anyone could make up anything about anything. Discovery and innovation are born from hard work and a dedication to finding the truth, not from lies and deceit.

     If we followed the Senators lead, then that imagine the possiblities. I could announce that I discovered that when big orange elephants with pink minivans all drove around the world at 50 mph, in the opposite direction of the rotational spin of the planet, it will cause my dog to pee behind the garage in the morning if its sunny. It's true! Because I said so and you can't challenge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment