Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Follow me on...

Follow me on...
FacebookTwitterInstagram

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Two Can Play At That Game

     There is a whole group of people that think Climate Change and global warming is a hoax, a liberal conspiracy. I won't get into it again, since I rant about this incessantly. My last post talked about a site that let people vote on whether Global Warming was real or not, with the hashtag #youdecide.  It got me thinking.

     If we can just vote to dismiss scientific evidence, then here are some suggestions I thought of:


    - I hate putting on suntan lotion. I feel all greasy and the sand gets stuck my...well you know. So, I say lets vote to stop the sun from beaming all that cancer causing UV radiation. I want to enjoy my day at the beach and not worry about melanoma.

    - And while we are at the beach, I think drowning is a real downer. I say we vote to change how long a person can go without breathing so they won't drown. Mothers everywhere will rejoice!

    - And I hate when I burn myself when something is too hot. That's really dangerous. We need to vote to make human beings impervious to high temperatures. Grill tongs will be come a thing of the past!

    - How about voting to ban house fires? So many people lose their lives and all of their most precious possessions due to faulty wiring or a careless smoker. I think we should decide to stop fire from being so destructive.

    - Speaking of smokers, I want to vote to make cigarettes safe to use and not smell so bad. I used to smoke, but quit years ago. Sometimes, I get the urge to spark up. It would be nice to do that without having to worry about that pesky cancer.

     See? That was pretty easy. I just need a few people to vote with me on these and we can let the world know that we took care of it, that these things do not exist because we said they don't. I'm sure there will be some people out there that say we can't do that. But so what? We don't have to listen to them. They are all probably just scientists who take things to the extreme and are all gloom-and-doom. We just have to explain to them that we are trying to save the world by ignoring the sound science and making up our own rules. Why is that so wrong?

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment