Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Environmental Writer, Activist and Resident Smart Ass

Follow me on...

Follow me on...
FacebookTwitterInstagram

Friday, September 5, 2014

Lago di Garda

     We are vacationing in Italy for the next few days. We have a friend visiting and drove down to Lake Garda here in Italy. Talk about stunning! Its like a scene from "Game of Thrones" here. High mountains, placid waters and villages and hamlets perched high atop cliffs overlooking this beautiful inland sea. If I have ever fallen in love with a place at first sight, it was here.


     What does this have to do with Climate and the Environment? I'm not sure...yet. I do know that the lake was formed by the melting of a glacier (most likely) five or six million years ago. I know more then a few rivers empty into Lago di Garda, not too mention numerous streams. I know that the water is crystal clear, even the run-off from the hills that I see flowing under the lakeside walkways in concrete aqueducts.

     I am here to relax and will probably be MIA for a few days. But rest assured I will be on the lookout for relevant things to share with you, dear reader. I just wanted you all to know that I have not forgotten you.

     Ciao'!

No comments:

Post a Comment